Carpets are essential centre pieces that bring a room to life. But equally more important is always ensuring the carpet is clean, looks good and smells nice. The best part is, it’s not that difficult to keep your home carpet clean. Following the five easy tips below will ensure you always have a clean home carpet.
Our 5 Professional Tips
1. They say prevention is better than cure, and that is certainly true when it comes to keeping your home carpet clean. You should avoid walking on the carpet with your shoes on since dirt particles from your shoes cling on to the carpet fibres. In case you cannot maintain a strict shoes-off rule, place doormats on all entries into the house where people can dust off their shoe soles.
2. The second tip on how to keep your home carpet clean is frequent vacuuming. Don’t be like most people who wait until a carpet is visibly dirty before they vacuum. You should form a habit of frequent vacuuming to keep grit from embedding into the carpet fibres. Also, ensure when vacuuming you focus on the areas where most dirt is likely to collect, such as section leading into the doorway. While there is no predetermined number of times you should vacuum, it is advisable to vacuum your carpet three-five times a week.
3. A neat trick that people don’t know is that you can sprinkle baking soda on your carpet before you vacuum, which leaves the carpet clean and smelling fresh. And while you’re at it, why not put on some music and enjoy the vacuuming, keeping your carpet clean and smelling fresh should not be a boring chore.
4. In a case of spillage, it is crucial you dab away the stains with a cleaning solution and a clean cloth, rather than rubbing the stain away. If you try and rub out a stain, you will be spreading the stain deeper into the carpet fibres, which is the exact opposite of what you should be doing. Therefore, using a clean cloth and cleaning solution, firmly press down with your hand on the stain until all the liquid has been absorbed. An excellent cleaning solution you can use is mixing a few drops of hand washing soap with water.
A pro-tip on how to keep your home carpet clean is to always deal with stains right away. Forget about the 5-second rule, when it comes to stains on carpets, the longer a stain is allowed to set, the longer it will take to get out.
5. As much as one can maintain a sanitary condition of their carpet with regular cleaning, it is recommended that one hires a professional steam cleaning agency. However, you do not have to hire them every week. You could hire them when you are doing your bi-annual or annual spring cleaning.
I hope this article has given you the right tips on how to keep your home carpet clean. Also, remember that keeping your carpet clean will not only make it more visually appealing, but it will also create a nice ambience in the room.